Corrective Techniques For Makeup
Do you feel like your eyes are too small? Nose too big? Whatever your concern may be, not to worry there are some makeup technique’s that can help you enhance your best feature and minimize what you may consider your worst.
Just remember you are beautiful and 99.9% of the time others will never see what you see in the mirror. Most of the time the things we feel insecure about we are the only ones to see it. Embrace your inner diamond and remember to look in the mirror every morning with a positive affirmation about yourself before putting on your makeup if you wear it. In the meantime, here are some tips on corrective techniques for makeup application:
When the eyebrows have high arches, it can make your face look narrower. Creating high brows can be a perfect technique for people with a round face.
If the face is already narrow, it is not a good idea to have highly arched brows. It will elongate the face even more. You can remove the extra hair on the top of the arch and fill in underneath the arch. This technique will also make a low forehead look bigger.
If you feel your eyes appear further apart, you can make the distance between the brows wider and then extend the brow out more a bit.
- Too long: To shorten the nose, you will apply a dark shadow underneath the nose and over the tip of the nose. Be sure to blend it very well
- Too short: Apply a highlighter right under the nose and on the tip of the nose
- Too narrow: Apply a highlighter to either side of the nose and thoroughly blend
- Too wide: Apply a shadow on both sides of the nose and then a highlighter down the centre going from top to bottom.
- If you have a round or square shaped face, then you can reduce these features and narrow the face considerably with the use of foundation. Use a darker foundation along the outer edges of your temple, along the cheekbone and the jawline. You can then use a lighter foundation down the centre of the face all the way from the forehead to the chin.
- In the event you have a narrow face, you can hide this elongated and narrow feature by simply using a lighter foundation along the outer edges of the cheekbone.
- If you want to hide a double chin, it is easier to correct than you may realize. A double chin can be corrected by using darker foundation under the jaw and over the double chin.
- When dealing with a wide jaw, simply use a darker foundation under the cheekbones and on the jawline.
I hope some of these tips you find useful! Take a picture of your new look and post it on Instagram and Facebook with the hashtag DiamondAndPearlSpa