Makeup has the ability to help us look and feel our best on a daily basis. GLAMORE Beauty Bar and Skin Clinic understands that as powerful as daily makeup can be, finding the right products, knowing how to apply them and having the time to do your makeup daily can become a challenge to keep up with.
Semi-permanent makeup is your convenient solution to time-consuming makeup application. Once you discover semi-permanent makeup, you can never go back to traditional makeup routines.
Read on to learn about how this clever beauty treatment can help boost your confidence, while saving you time and energy during your daily morning routine.
What Is Lip Blushing?
& What is the Difference between Lip Blushing, Neutralizing & lip correction?
Lip Blushing is a form of semi-permanent makeup. Essentially, it is a cosmetic tattoo of the lips that enhances the beauty of the natural lip color, improving the shape of the lips, giving definition and the illusion of fullness. Although Lip Blushing does not replace lipstick entirely, it is the perfect way to add a pop of color to your lips!
Lip Correction is where we will go in and correct areas in the lips where there may be a missing or dissolved border and can even involve a scar in the area as well. When we go in to do a lip correction, there may be additional touch ups needed other than just the initial one, but either way, we strive to get you to your desired outcome.
Dark Lip Neutralization is a specialized treatment series for those with cool or dark lips in which we neutralize the darkness in the lips to reach a desired color. We look at your lips and neutralize them by cancelling out the original color. With dark lip neutralization, each session is spread out at least 10-12 weeks apart. It may take 1-3 sessions to achieve your look, and there are special cases in which additional sessions are needed. Typically, we will do dark lip neutralization in those who are Fitzpatrick Scale 4,5,6 generally 2 sessions plus touch up.
- If you are prone to cold sores it is important to use your prescribed anti viral medication for a minimum of 7 days prior to your appointment to reduce the risk of a cold sore flare up.
- Make sure to exfoliate the lips GENTLY for 5 consecutive days prior to your appointment for optimal results. Avoid using chemical exfoliant for this process, simply using sugar and coconut oil is perfect. this will remove dead and loose skin creating a perfect canvas for tattoo.
- 48 hours (2 days) before your appointment, make sure to avoid any type of blood thinner, including, but not limited to: Alcohol, coffee, Ibuprofen, Tylenol, Aspirin, Fish Oil, etc. Note: If you are on blood thinners you will be required to provide a Drs note for this procedure.
- Please bring in your favorite lip gloss or lip color; this is how we will make sure that your desired color is matched without simply stating a “red” or a “pink” colors, as this varies.
Always let us know your personal goals for your lip, and we will take care of the rest.
Please reach out with any further questions and let us know how we can get those goals met.
lip blushing is not for everyone. please read the contraindications carefully. if any of the following apply to you, this procedure is not recommended…
- You are a smoker (pigment may not retain properly, colors may distort). …If you have a history of MRSA
- You have psoriasis in the treatment area.
- You have an auto-immune disease.
- You have thyroid/graves disease (medication may cause pigment to not retain properly)…. You have anemia (pigment may not retain properly).
- You have a history of keloid or hypertrophic scarring.
- You are currently undergoing chemotherapy.
- You are pregnant or nursing. (You cannot have this service. No exceptions.)
- You have Diabetes type 1 or 2 (due to slow healing and infection, color may or may not retain well).
- If you are under a doctor’s care and have questions at ALL about being able to have this procedure, it is your responsibility to meet with your doctor and get written approval.
- If you are prone to cold sores, please see instructions below.
Please note…. even if none of the above apply, its important to keep in mind that everyone heal differently and this is a cosmetic tattooing procedure, the skin can be unpredictable, it is up to your skin to retain the pigment. Generally, results are successful, however, due to skin type, healing or bleeding during procedure, some results can differ from person to person.
What Are Powder Brows?
One of our more popular semi-permanent makeup techniques is tattoo brows.
Making use of our amazing Cleo PMU machine by Brow Daddy, powder brows work by depositing high quality Tina Davies, Permablend, Evenflo and sometimes other brand of vegan colour pigments into the top layers of your skin to enhance the colour and shape of your natural brows.
To get that youthful look you want, different techniques and tools might be used (eg. some people want more bold brows, which are achieved with powder brows — while others might be looking for the softer effect of ombre brows or combo brows). The idea behind powder brows is to give you natural beautiful brows with a more symmetrical look using detailed brow mapping techniques. That being said ladies and gents… we always say: SISTERS NOT TWINS 🙂
Contact us for a consult and see if this procedure is right for you.
30 Days Prior
- Avoid facials, chemical peels, laser treatments or microdermabrasion
- Botox injection and fillers should be performed no less than 4 weeks prior. They can alter the position of your brows and texture of your skin.
- Must not be on Antibiotics
- absolutely no Anti-aging and/or Anti-acne products
- No Retin A within 30 days of treatment (No Accutane within one year of treatment)
- No Surgery of any kind
2 Weeks Prior
- Do NOT use a tanning bed 2 weeks prior. If you have a sunburn at the time of the appointment, you will be rescheduled and forfeit your deposit.
- Avoid waxing or tinting 2 weeks prior to service.
48-72 Hours Prior
- Avoid blood thinners such as Ibuprofen, aspirin, Aleve, NSAIDS, vitamin E, fish oil or vitamins unless medically necessary 48-72 hours before. Must get dr. note if on prescribed blood thinners.
- For lip tattoo clients ONLY, take precaution and take anti-viral medication to prevent activation of cold sores. Tattooing in that area can sometimes trigger the virus which can affect color retention.
- For lip tattoo clients ONLY, exfoliate lips to help have a smoother treatment area.
24 Hours Prior
- Avoid working out the day before and the day of your appointment. No exceptions.
- Avoid alcohol or caffeine 24 hours before. No exceptions.
On The Day Of Your Appointment
- Avoid caffeine!! (soda, coffee, etc.)
- Feel free wear your makeup if you choose to provide an idea of your desired color and shape. We provide thorough mapping and measurements to create the perfect brow shape for your face.
- Please hydrate and eat a light meal.
Avoid booking on your menstrual cycle if possible as it can increase your pain.
The skin must be free of all irritations including ingrown hairs, blemishes, eczema, and psoriasis.
You will forfeit your deposit and need to reschedule your appointment if you:
- Do not follow our Pre Care Guidelines
- Arrive with skin irritations or a sunburn on your face
- Arrive to our studio sick with a cold, flu, or viral/bacterial infection
What is BB Glow?
BB Glow is a combination of powerful tinted serum applied using nanoneedling method – аn іntеnѕіvе ѕkіn treatment thаt uѕеѕ ѕtаtе-оf-thе-аrt tесhnоlоgу to реnеtrаtе fіrѕt lауеrѕ of the skin with microneedles which are rapidly released from a nanoneedling pen (don’t worry – it’s painless!).
One of the main benefits of basic micro-needling is stimulation of nаturаl соllаgеn production and skin rejuvenation, where the BB Glow serum adds incredible nutrients and most importantly the color tint you desire.
The serum will аlѕо continue tо wоrk for two wееkѕ аftеr your treatment, and anti-aging benefits will continue to roll in in the coming weeks as your skin naturally rejuvenates itself after nano-needling manipulation.
BB Glow is designed tо іmрrоvе thе lооk аnd fееl оf your ѕkіn fаѕt. Vіѕіblе іmрrоvеmеntѕ will be apparent immediately after the first appointment.
Sоmе оf the іmрrоvеmеnts уоu mау nоtісе іnсludе:
- More even skin tone
- Brighter, mоrе radiant ѕkіn
- Fewer freckles
- Less skin dіѕсоlоrаtіоn
- Fеwеr fіnе lіnеѕ and wrіnklеѕ
- pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Prone to keloid scars.
- Have active infection or skin breakdown/lesions/wounds at the site to be treated.