So What Is A Photofacial?
IPL (Intense pulse light) Photofacial uses pulls up pigment in the skin by way of high intensity broad spectrum light and heat to effectively treat a variety of skin ailments. In general, 4-6 monthly sessions are required for optimal results, many clients seeing great results.
Scroll down to see what services are offered and how these clinical skin rejuvenation procedures can benefit you!
What Can IPL Photofacial Do For You?
An IPL Photofacial is designed to help pull up pigment in the skin and is excellent at treating some of the following skin issues:
Things To Look For In Your Clinician
- The operator has an intake form and discusses your concerns before any treatment.
- The operator has some kind of license/ certification and specific IPL training by an outside accredited source, beyond just the company that sold them the machine.
- The operator does a patch test on your skin prior to officially beginning procedure. For those further on the Fitzpatrick Scale, operator should do a patch test 24 hours prior to procedure
- operator should provide pre and post care instructions
- Operator should not be afriad to refuse treatment to those clients whos intake forms indicate any and all contraindication to IPL Photofacial treatment.
IPL (Intense pulse light) Photofacial uses pulls up pigment (or melanin) in the skin and is best used on Tones 1-4 on the Fitzpatrick Scale. Skin tones 5 -6 on the Fitzpatrick Scale should be cautious when considering IPL treatments. IPL on darker skin tones can cause temporary hyperpigmentation or hypopigmentation. Further, putting heat on skin that already has a tendency to pigment will likely only worsen the pigmentation issues. Darker skin tones are better suited for YAG laser which wavelengths are considerably faster and less broad in spectrum as IPL.
Pregnant, Nursing women are not candidates for photofacials.
Clients who have cancer or on chemo are not candidates. Clients with skin lesions that appear questionable to our certified technicians will be recommended to get physician clearance prior to photofacial.
Results Of IPL Photofacial
Contact us today to see how IPL photofacial at GLAMORE Beauty Bar in Brampton treatment can benefit you!